Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday Morning Reflection #78

Good morning everyone,

Here it is...Saturday again. Summer will soon be here. The plans for this year include some yard renovations....I hope to take the decorative pond (you know, the personalized neighborhood cat drinking fountain) out of the "front yard." That will make it much easier to mow.

Today, I hope to not accomplish anything. I think that will make this a perfectly lazy saturday. Maybe a drive thru the country to see if we can find anything interesting.

Here you go, Ginger...

I was living in the mountains above Denver when my college buddy, Gary, arrived in his ancient Maserati sports car. He had just driven it from Ohio, and as he pulled into my driveway, the car broke down.

Calls to auto-supply houses and garages in search of replacement parts proved futile. The 1962 model was simply too rare. Responses ranged from "Mas-a-what?" to "You've got to be kidding." One guy just laughed.

I was at the end of the listings in the Yellow Pages when I dialed Victor's Garage. "Vic," I said, "you're my last hope. Do you carry any parts for a 1962 Maserati?"

There was a long pause. Finally, Victor cleared his throat. "Yes," he replied. "Oil."

Well, until the next time...please remember that I have to pay the bills

No comments: