Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday Morning Reflection #74

Good morning everyone,
Is it SUMMER yet?

What an interesting week it has been. I normally keep this blog short, so I suppose I will tell the exploding lettuce story...

One morning while getting ready for work, Jackie made salads for lunch. She was so kind as to place the garbage (cores and such) into the sink. I placed them down into the garbage disposal. While the disposal was running the water started to back up into the sink. I worked feverishly to fix the problem. I thought the "back up" was resolved. It was not. Jackie says that all she heard was the disposal start...followed by a loud...KAPOP...and..."FUCK!!!!"

Let me say the disposal worked just fine, but when it shot the waste down the line the waste encountered a blockage. This caused the waste to quickly back up (with explosive force)and shoot thru the other sink. There was lettuce across much of the kitchen and I required a change of clothes prior to going to work. I am thankful that I was not looking into the sink to assure myself that the problem was fixed. There were several phone calls for "lettuce head" at my office that day.

Here you go, Ginger...

Two Mexicans are on a bicycle about 15 miles outside of Lafayette, Louisiana

One of the bike's tires goes flat and they start hitching a lift back into
town. A friendly trucker stops to see if he can help, and the Mexicans ask
him for a ride. He tells them he has no room in the trailer as he is
carrying 20,000 bowling balls. The Mexicans put it to the driver that if
they can manage to fit into the back with their bike, will he take them back

into town and he agrees. They manage to squeeze themselves and their bike
into the back and the driver shuts the doors and gets on his way. By this
time he is really late and so puts the hammer down and sure enough, a blond
cop pulls him over for speeding. The lady officer asks the driver what he is

carrying, to which the driver jokingly replies "Mexican eggs." The
Blond
Lady Cop obviously doesn't believe this so wants to take a look in the
trailer. She opens the back door and quickly shuts it and locks it. She gets

on her radio and calls for immediate backup from as many officers as
possible plus the Swat Team. The dispatcher asks what emergency she has
that require so many officers. "I've got a Tractor-Trailer stopped
with
20,000 Mexican eggs in it. Two have hatched and they've already managed to
steal a bicycle."


Well, until the next time...please remember that I have to pay the bills

No comments: