Saturday, December 26, 2009

Saturday Morning Reflection #17

Good morning everyone...

Today is the first day after Christmas. I have truly been blessed this year with many wonderful things. Friends, Family (and apparently I have been adopted by some "new" family members), along with having my life back. This morning I looked around and noticed all of the things I have in my life and thought about that. I didn't look around and think about the things I didn't have. I didn't look around and think about the things I want. I simply thought about the things that were with me.

Although 2009 was a year when I lost two of my best friends (Jake Dog and Holly Bear) it was also a year filled with fresh awakenings. A year that saw lines of communication opened again. A year where I returned to my life. A good year.

I look forward to 2010. I look forward to sharing my life with the special people that I have allowed in. I look forward to new adventures and excitement. At this point I must steal a line from someone else...I want to be a friend that a friend would love to have.

I appreciate the people that read this Blog. I hope that I give something to you, although I am not sure what that would be.

This will probably be the last post for 2009. God bless us all and Happy New Year

Ginger...did you think I would forget? You know me better than that.

Fresh out of high school, I found a job cleaning the elegant home of an older couple. Among other duties, I had to dust their many imported carvings and petrified collectibles as well as pick up after their pets.

One day I was astonished to find two ivory fossils lying on the floor beside the bookcase. I quickly picked them up and put them back on the shelf. The next week the same thing happened.

That afternoon my employer came into the parlor, her faithful canine behind her. Looking around, she eyed the bookcase.

"Tippy," she asked the dog, "how do your bones keep getting up there?

Well, until the next time...Please remember that I have to pay the bills.

No comments: