Saturday, December 5, 2009

Saturday Morning Reflection #14

Good Morning Everyone....

Today could see some snowfall in the Tri State Area and guess where I will be for the night...Yes, your right...working a midnight shift at Beech Fork. Seems to be luck since the check will be here just before Christmas. There is also the chance that Sunday's dinner will be fresh Crappie. I just hope I don't get too cold cleaning them tonight.

Nena...You are in my prayers...Please have a speedy recovery.

Work is going...ok. The sheer volume of work is overwhelming, but we all just keep plugging along. I like the OT I have been getting and hope it keeps up for a while.

Is everyone ready for New Years Eve? I am. Latisha and I have plans and I am very much looking forward to the fun. Everybody...please be safe that night...don't be a statistic.

Here is a subject that I am happy, yet sad, to write about. Coach Snyder...I wish you nothing but the best with the rest of your career. You did your best to help with the proud tradition of MARSHALL Football. You are a True Son of MARSHALL and we will always welcome you back as such.

Wonder who the new Football coach will be?

Ginger...here is one for you..

A minister was preoccupied with thoughts of how he was going to ask the congregation to come up with more money than they were expecting for repairs to the church building.

Therefore, he talked with the organist to see what kind of inspirational music she could play after the announcement about the finances to get the congregation in a giving mood.

"Don't worry," she said. "I'll think of something."

During the service, the minister paused and said, "Brothers and Sisters, we are in great difficulty; the roof repairs cost twice as much as we expected, and we need $4,000 more. Any of you who can pledge $100 or more, please stand up."

Just at that moment, the organist started playing, "The Star Spangled Banner."


Well, until the next time, please remember that I have to pay the bills

No comments: