Saturday, December 4, 2010

Saturday Morning Reflection #66

Good morning everyone...

The first item for this post is a mention of someone who just passed on. My friend, Nena Lanning, passed away this week after a bout with cancer. I will not go through the things normally said of someone that has passed away and simply say that she will be missed.RIP

Friday night, Jackie and I met some friends at a local Huntington eatery. Huntington Prime. Let me just say this...I have eaten better food in Army field kitchens. The swill they tried to serve was awful. Everyone at the table received baked potatoes that were cold. The waiter returned them to the kitchen and they were returned on warm plates...of course the potatoes were still cold. I also learned that it is acceptable to serve scallops that have the consistency of pudding, and if you are making a cream sauce and it breaks...simply add more roasted pepper. The Filets appeared to be pre cooked as the one I had was somewhat warm on the outside yet very cold on the inside. Jackie ordered a beef and seafood skewer. The goop (is that a culinary term?) that the skewer was dipped in had a distinct maple flavor. Sounds good except it was listed as a rosemary and butter sauce. The couple at the table beside of us complained about their desserts. We all left and went to applebees to complete the meal. I actually had an appetizer for dinner (from Applebees) since I wouldn't eat the trash Huntington Prime was serving. It should also be noted that NO manager or owner came to see what was wrong. I won't be going back.

Here you go, Ginger

It was our pals birthday, so we decided to call him up and sing "Happy Birthday."

Only trouble was we dialed the wrong number.

"Don't let it bother you." said the voice on the other end, just before he hung up, "You need all the practice you can get."

Well, until the next time...please remember that I have to pay the bills

No comments: