Saturday, December 25, 2010

Saturday Morning Reflection #69

Good morning everyone..

Merry Christmas to all.

This morning I want to simply say that today is and has been a wonderful day. The coffee is good and the company is fantastic. I relish every moment I have to spend with all of the members of my family. I miss those that have moved on to new adventures in another life.

Let the snow pile up...I just ain't worried about it. I can smell the turkey cooking and it makes my belly rumble.

Just for the lighter side of things...Alex Cat and Josie Cat are both jacked up on catnip.

Here you go, Ginger...

A minister was giving the children's message during church. For this part of the service, he would gather all the children around him and give a brief lesson before dismissing them.

On this particular Sunday, he was using squirrels for an object lesson on industry and preparation. He started out by saying, "I'm going to describe something, and I want you to raise your hand when you know what it is." The children nodded eagerly.

"This thing lives in trees (pause) and eats nuts (pause)..." No hands went up. "And it is gray (pause) and has a long bushy tail (pause)..." The children were looking at each other, but still no hands raised. "And it jumps from branch to branch (pause) and chatters and flips its tail when it's excited (pause)..."

Finally one little boy tentatively raised his hand. The minister breathed a sigh of relief and called on him.

"Well," said the boy, "I know the answer you're looking for is supposed to be 'Jesus' ... but it sure sounds like a squirrel to me."


Well, until the next time...please remember that I have to pay the bills

No comments: