Saturday, November 27, 2010

Saturday Morning Reflection #65

Good morning everyone...

I hope everyone had a wonderful Turkey Day. Everything in Proctorville went very well.

Is everyone ready to send the MARSHALL UNIVERSITY THUNDERING HERD SENIORS out with a bang? I hope everyone is able to make the game and cheer on a MARSHALL victory...

WE ARE!!!!

MARSHALL!!!!!

The next big holiday to look forward to is Christmas. I am looking forward to this one. I expect that soon the tree will be up....and I think this year there may be more than just a cookie ornament on it...Those of you that know about the cookie ...just smile. Those of you that don't and are interested just call and I will tell you the story.

Even though Christmas is next New Year's plans are being made. This New Years Eve is gonna be a blast. I imagine there will be a story or two involved.

Here you go, Ginger...

The Switchman

A guy named Pete gets a job as a switchman with the railroad, and undergoes weeks of training. The supervisor then takes him into the switch booth to test his readiness. The following exchange takes place:

Supervisor: "Imagine you were sitting here alone and you learned there was a train coming from the North on that track, and another coming from the South on the same track. What would you do?"

Pete: "I'd throw this switch right here and put one train on the other track."

Supervisor: And what if that switch didn't work?"

Pete: "I'd go down to the track and throw that big switchlever there, putting one train on the other track."

Supervisor: "And what if that switchlever didn't work?"

Pete: "Then I'd come back here and call the dispatcher to stop both trains."

Supervisor: "And what if the phone didn't work?"

Pete: "Then I'd go to that gas station across the street and use their phone."

Supervisor: "And what if their phone didn't work?"

Pete: "Then I'd go get Uncle Joe."

Supervisor: "Uncle Joe??? What would he do?"

Pete: "Nothing, but he ain't never seen a train wreck."

Well, until the next time...please remember that I have to pay the bills

No comments: