Saturday, September 4, 2010

Saturday Morning Reflection #53

Good Morning Everyone...

The past week there have been a few interesting items. I finally received my letter from HRMS giving me the figures to "buy back" my FERS time. I guess I should mention the fact that I resigned from the Government for about 4 years and then returned in 2004. This will be the only time(maybe) you will hear me say anything nice about President Obama. He did sign a bill allowing returning federal workers to buyback any FERS time they had received refunds for. This will greatly enhance my retirement.

Weekend plans are still up in the air. Nothing is really happening and no plans have been made. I am sure something will come up.

I am looking forward to sitting on the back porch tonight and enjoying a glass of wine. I might even open a nice bottle rather than drinking from the box in the fridge. Kinda depends on the mood.

Jackie and I are off thru Monday. I might try to convince her that we should go for a drive over thru the WV mountains. Might just be fun.

I suppose I should mention THE HERD. I am not sure that the team we saw was a fair representation of the team we will see in Conference USA. The competition we faced in the opener far outshines anything we will face in our conference. Lets keep in mind that Doc Holliday is one of the best recruiters in the nation. Perhaps he can lead us to the top of Conference USA and perhaps even into a membership in a BCS conference. Lets all support THE HERD and let "DOC" work his bag of tricks.

WE ARE.........

Last item of the day....everyone that knows Jackie should ask her about the basement door.

Here you go, Ginger...

One Sunday morning, the pastor noticed Little Johnny was staring up at the large plaque that hung in the foyer of the church. The seven-year- old had been staring at the plaque for some time, so the pastor walked up, stood beside the boy, and said quietly, "Good morning, son."

"Good morning pastor" replied the young man, focused on the plaque.

"Sir, what is this?" Little Johnny asked.

"Well son, these are all the people who have died in the service," replied the pastor.

Soberly, they stood together, staring at the large plaque.

Little Johnny's voice barely broke the silence when he asked quietly, "Which one, sir, the 8:30 or the 10:30 service?"

Well, until the next time...please remember that I have to pay the bills

No comments: