Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday Morning Reflection #43

Good morning everyone...

I want to start off this morning with a short story about Alex Cat and....Jackie. As many of you already know, Alex has started eating CAN FOOD. Fancy Feast to be exact. Josie Cat will eat anything....SO, we go to the store and I start to pick up a box of Fancy Feast. Jackie says.."No, Let's get this Aristocrats stuff...it's cheaper." When we get home she puts some out for Alex Cat. He sniffs it and WALKS AWAY. Needless to say, we have been back to Kroger and bought Fancy Feast. Jackie is considering changing his name to..."Finnicky Little Bastard."

My work life has changed (as of Friday). I resigned as Chief Steward of the local union. There were "things" going on that I just would not tolerate nor be a part of. I enjoyed my time there and can only hope that I gave as much to them as they gave to me.

I have some very, very sad news to report. As of this coming friday I will.....be on vacation for 2 weeks. Yipppppeeeeee!!!!!!

Here you go, Ginger...

"It's time to see how clearly you can think," the teacher said to his class. "Now, listen carefully, and think about what I'm saying. I'm thinking of a person who has the same mother and father as I have. But this person is not my brother and not my sister. Who is it?"

The kids in the class furrowed their brows, scratched their heads, and otherwise showed how hard they were thinking. But no one came up with the right answer.

When everyone in the class had given up, the teacher announced, "The person is me."

Little Jeffrey beamed at learning the answer. "That's a good one," he said to himself. "I'll have to try that on Mom and Dad."

At dinner that night, little Jeffrey repeated the riddle to his parents. "I'm thinking of a person who has the same mother and father as I have," he said. "But this person isn't my brother and isn't my sister. Who is it?"

His parents furrowed their brows, scratched their heads, and otherwise pretended that they were thinking hard. Then they both said, "I give up. Who is it?"

"It's my teacher!" Jeffrey said.

Well, until the next time...please remember that I have to pay the bills.

No comments: