Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday Morning Reflection #41

Good morning everyone....

This morning I would like to start with a comment about Jackie. I truly believe that I have found someone special. She seems to be in step with my heart. I can only hope that I can come close to being for her what she is for me.

Lets talk about BP. What in the world are they thinking? I am not normally for Government controls, but I believe that the USA needs to take control of this company, fire a large percentage of the upper management (without the "GOLDEN PARACHUTES) and pay out a lot of money (NOW) to the devastated economies in the areas affected by this spill. Yes, I realize that the company is not an American company...but they have a lot of assets here. Lets make them fix this without any cost to the American taxpayer.

On a brighter note...it is only three more weeks unitl VACATION. I am so looking forward to NOT going in to work. The thought makes me GIDDY.

Now, as for vacation plans...Gonna be some fishing. I believe that Jackie and I will be heading south for a couple of days. I am not sure what I will do with the rest of my time. I keep thinking I want to go north and fish at Lake Eerie but I also want to go in september and Jumbo Perch fish out of Vermilion. Gosh, what a quandary...2 fishing trips or 1? Also, for those of you that know Jackie...Fishing isn't the only vacation plans. There are some plans in the works for her also.

Bob, you said you wanted to make it over to Lake Eerie this year...maybe september would be the right time...Adam, same for you...might have to schedule on a tuesday since it 50% off bottles of wine (or is that 2 for 1)?

Lets discuss cats. Alex cat has been "off his feed" for quite a while. Yesterday, I bought a different kind of cat food and got out a bowl and gave it to him. He ate like there was never going to be cat food again. This morning Jackie put the same food in the cat food bowl. Alex cat would not eat it. I thought maybe it was the wrong flavor or something. Jackie got out another bowl (the throw away plastic bowls) and put some in it. Alex cat ate it. Turns out he has to have his own bowl. I guess from now on we will have to refer to the cat feeding area as the cat smorgasboard.

Do you suppose the cats are spoiled or are they really supposed to smell that way?

Here you go, Ginger...

Freddie was eighteen years old, friendly, and eager to do things right. Unfortunately, he wasn't especially bright. He had just started his first job, as a delivery boy and general "go-fer" at a furniture warehouse. His first task was to go out for coffee.

He walked into a nearby coffee shop carrying a large thermos. When the counterman finally noticed him, he held up the thermos.

"Is this big enough to hold six cups of coffee?" he said. The counterman looked at the thermos, hesitated for a few seconds, then finally said, "Yeah. It looks like about six cups to me."

"Good," Freddie said. "Give me two regular, two black, and two decaf."

Well, until the next time...please remember that I have to pay the bills.

No comments: