Saturday, July 3, 2010

Saturday Morning Reflection #44

Good morning everyone...

Wow...The first day of vacation is finally here.The morning seems happier, the sun feels warmer, and the coffee tastes better. At this rate breakfast on Sunday may kill me.

Today, there will be a big batch of ribs smoking on the grill...probably start that soon. I promised I would bring some to my friend, Kenny (and his girlfriend) when we go there tonight for fireworks. I was at the campground for fireworks last year and they were fantastic.

I am pretty sure that Sunday's plans will include me drowning a couple of worms...I am thinking about Old Lock 27. The weather will be about right for it.

This blog is supposed to be a reflection of my thoughts and feelings. It kind of seems that I usually end up talking about what I am about to do. This morning I want to say something about life. My life feels full. I am with a wonderful woman. Jackie seems to be able to keep me on the path, but whenever I veer from it she is still there...and is supportive. I only hope that I can be for her what she is for me. Life is good...and gets better every day.

Just for those of you interested...the Finnicky Little Bastard tasted Josie cat's food this morning. Tried to cover it with carpet and walked away. HE went back and sampled some more Fancy Feast so that it would get the bad taste out of his mouth.


Here you go, Ginger...

My wife has not spoken to me in three days. I think it has something to do with what happened on Sunday night when she thought she heard a noise downstairs.

She nudged me and whispered, "Wake up, wake up!"

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"There are burglars in the kitchen. I think they're eating the tuna casserole I made tonight."

"That'll teach them!" I replied.

Well, until the next time...please remember that I have to pay the bills.

No comments: