Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saturday Morning Reflection #36

Good morning everyone....

What an interesting week at work. The company I work for was nice enough to send me to Lexington,KY for a class. I can't say very much positive about the class....but, dinner at bd's Mongolian Grill was fantastic. My dinner companion (Jackie) made it even "more better."

Some interesting news from the work arena....the AFGE is having a National membership drive. Everyone that signs up gets $100 and the recruiter gets $100. I hope to have my best recruiting month ever, and am off to a pretty good start. Seems as if I am working on the vacation fund.

A few weeks ago I got a couple of those topsy-turvy planters. We hung them on the back deck. The plants are growing and it appears as if they are gonna produce very nicely. Stay tuned for updates on the tomatoes.

Speaking of vegetables...Jackie has planted what can only be described as a forest of green onions. WOW! She says she is also gonna put in some green beans and cucumbers. I am not sure if we will need to purchase more acreage or not.

The call from Lake Erie is once again sounding out to me. I am thinking sometime in June we are going to take a weekend and run up. A day of fishing, drunk at the Garden (after a fine meal) and then return on a sunday. Does it even get any better than that? I suppose the only thing I could ask for would be if the Garden was having a 50% off bottles of wine sale...for this reference please find and read the time Adam and I went up. Took me a week to sober up. We never did manage to steal a beer glass...

I have decided that tonight I will have to have wine with dinner because this morning I am going to fix bacon and eggs. Gotta keep my cholesterol in check.

Here you go, Ginger...

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One says to the other: "Does this taste funny to you?"

Well, until the next time...please remember that I have to pay the bills.

No comments: