Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday Morning Reflection #21

Good morning everyone...

This morning I would like to start with the recovery effort in Haiti. My prayers go out to the people there that have been devastated by such an awesome act of nature. I would also like to say congratulations to Sherry on the wonderful news she just received....C'mon now..."Fight like a girl."

I spoke with my lawyer's office on friday. The ex wife has still not signed the paperwork so that I can obtain the title to my truck. I am not even going to get pissy with/about her on here...enough is enough. Just stop and sign the form.

My house is very quiet this morning. Josie Cat is asleep beside of me and there are the sounds of 14 y/o girls sleeping in the other room. The only real noise is the clicking of the keyboard keys. As the days have slowly trickled by, I find myself becoming settled and much calmer. Yesterday as I talked with friends, I felt the WILD welling up inside of me. I am not sure what is gonna happen but it usually leaves a scar of some sort. I believe next weekend may prove to be interesting. Stay tuned for more updates on this.
Since this a reflection I guess there should be some talk of the past week. There were some real jaw droppers (Ya Think!?). My answer to them are...I don't plow the other man's field. 'Nuff said.
The other reflections from the past week refer back to the people I have been in contact with. I suppose the only thing to say to that is...I am who I am and that is who I always will be.
The last item of business...I have ice again!!!!!! Thanks dude...although if you had waited until I got here I would have helped you run the line.

Ginger this one is for you...
There were two old guys, Abe and Sol, sitting on a bench in a park feeding pigeons and talking about baseball, just like they did every day. Abe turns to Sol and says, "Do you think there's baseball in heaven?"

Sol thinks about it for a minute and replies, "I dunno, Abe. But let's make a deal: If I die first, I will come back and tell you -- and if you die first, you come back and tell me -- if there is baseball in heaven."

They shake on it and, sadly, a few months later poor Abe passes on. One day soon afterward, Sol is sitting there feeding the pigeons by himself when he hears a voice whisper, "Sol... Sol...."

Sol responds, "Abe! Is that you?"

"Yes it is Sol," whispers the spirit of Abe.

Sol, still amazed, asks, "So, is there baseball in heaven?"

"Well," says Abe says, "I got good news and I got bad news."

"Gimme the good news first," says Sol.

Abe says, "Well... there is baseball in heaven."

Sol says, "That's great! What news could be bad enough to ruin that!?"

Abe sighs and whispers, "You're pitching on Friday."

Well, until the next time...please remember that I have to pay the bills

No comments: