Saturday, October 8, 2011

Saturday Morning Reflection #109

Good morning everyone,

Another saturday has arrived...No work, but one day closer to winter. I suppose you have to take the good with the bad. Jackie is out finishing the yard sale season....there are some bargains out there...I never realized that so many people had so much stuff for such a cheap price that I didn't realize that I needed.

Its a nice three day weekend and we have no plans. I like that kind of schedule...I am sure I can follow it.

There is an email going around about the Congressional reform act of 2011. I realize that Congress will have a difficult time "reforming"...so why not take the time to forward this one to your Congressman...I did. Not sure if he will get it or not, but it was worth a try. Forwarding that to me won't make things happen, but if a Congressman reads it then it may just give them an idea...Maybe when I retire I will run for Congress strictly on a platform of Congressional reform and nothing else....

Here's a chuckle to start your day...

As a new school principal, Mr. Mitchell was checking over his school on the first day.

Passing the stockroom, he was startled to see the door wide open and teachers bustling in and out, carrying off books and supplies in preparation for the arrival of students the next day. The school where he had been a Principal the previous year had used a check-out system only slightly less elaborate than that at Fort Knox.

Cautiously, he asked the school's long time Custodian, "Do you think it's wise to keep the stock room unlocked and to let the teachers take things without requisitions?"

The Custodian looked at him gravely... "We trust them with the children, don't we?"

Well, until the next time...please remember that I have to pay the bills

No comments: